- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup dark-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark Asian sesame oil
- 1 pineapple (500 gm) chunks in juice, drained
- 1/3 cup Fayrouz pineapple
- 1 kilo boneless, skinned chicken breasts, cut into 3 x 1-inch strips
- 2 sweet onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 sweet red peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 450 gm spaghetti pasta
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and Fayrouz pineapple
- in medium-size bowl. Reserve 1 cup sauce for pasta. Pour remaining sauce into resealable plastic bag; add chicken, pineapple chunks, onion and green pepper. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Bring large pot of water (do not salt) and oil to boiling. Add pasta; cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain; transfer to large serving platter; toss the pasta with the reserved 1 cup sauce.
- On metal skewers or presoaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the marinated chicken, pineapple chunks and vegetables.
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning once. Remove from skewers; arrange over pasta. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and serve.